Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Daily Life

Here is a sneak peak at my life:

Mondays:

Leave home at 7:30 to walk to class (with my American neighbor Courtney) and be semi-on time at 8:00.
Switch classes with a five minute break.
Switch classes with a five minute break, which puts us at 13:35 (1:35pm).
Lunch break until 17:40 (5:40pm).
Class until 19:30 (7:30pm), then taxi home with Courtney.

Tuesdays:

Same schedule until my lunch break, which is where my evening starts and my day at school ends and I walk home.

Wednesdays:

Leave home at 7:45 to walk to school for 8:15 class.
Class ends at 10 and I walk home sometime around 12 to eat lunch at home.
I do whatever I want, which involves me walking back to school for 17:40 class.
Class ends at 19:30 again and I taxi home with Courtney.

Thursdays:

Leave home at 7:45, 8:15 class.
Class ends at 10 and my weekend starts.


That is my school week.

Note:

  • Every walk to school is up hill and death in the afternoon, but enjoyable in the morning.
  • Most walks include cat calls which are more annoying here than in Brasil, which I still don't understand.
  • I walk by a police station, which doesn't really make me feel any more or less safe because today I had to walk through a cloud of tear gas to get home, I think they were testing it out for fun.
  • I cross a bridge, underwhich gangs are supposidly living, and they tend to rob people on bridges.
  • There are buses, but I'm too frugal to take them every morning, plus apparently they have old people robbing innocent people on them.
  • Taxis cost 25bfs on way, which ends up being a little over a dollar.
  • I have come to the conclusion that the best solution to any problems would be to get a Venezuelan boyfriend that has a car.
    • Just kidding...maybe.

Missing the U, except that I have one more day of class and then we have a 5 day weekend for Carnaval, so not really all that much right now.

Besos:*


No comments:

Post a Comment