Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday...?

Ash Wednesday is by far my favorite mass the Catholic Church has to offer. Followed closely by Easter vigil, Easter, and Christmas. I feel like the readings remind us of lifelong lessons that we need to hear, like the ever present reminder to drive safe or never leave your drink unattended in public.

I love this mass so incredibly much that if it weren't creepy, I'd have all the Ash Wednesday readings at my funeral and everyone that attends would get my cremated ashes on their forehead... Except that is creepy, and only a thought I had out of my Ash Wednesday mass withdrawal.

Yesterday I started asking around about mass times and I continue that today. In a country that is 98% Catholic, no one can tell me where there will be mass and when. They all tell maybe, hmm maybe in the afternoon...maybe at the cathedral.

I feel like everyone here is a proclaimed catholic but a two times a year catholic. I mean, there isn't anything wrong with that, I don't find myself at mass every Sunday, but I am shocked that no one has been able to give me an answer.

But, don't worry, I'm going to go camp outside the cathedral until mass starts or I have to go back for class. I saw some people with ashes on their forehead so I know there was at least one mass today!

Wish me luck!

And don't forget that if you fast, fast in private..if you do good, don't announce it to the world. Do it for you and God (if you believe in Him).

Happy Ash Wednesday!

Besos
Aletha

No comments:

Post a Comment